Archive for the ‘twitter’ tag
So I'm guessing when Pope Francis fills out his bracket his final four will be Gonzaga, Georgetown, Marquette, and Creighton.#godspicks— Brian Ehman (@Behman1123) March 14, 2013
Clergy sexual abuse victims urge Pope Francis to declare "zero tolerance" for sex crimes as first official act bit.ly/YbRXwG— Agence France-Presse (@AFP) March 14, 2013
#PopeFrancis says you shouldn't get communion if you have a different opinion on abortion/euthanasia/etc than the church. How welcoming.— Forrest Smith (@Forrest_R_Smith) March 14, 2013
"gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children." -Pope Francis.Good job cardinals! picked a winner this time...#NOT— Seneca Schwenning (@SenecaPrattles) March 14, 2013
I guess I became pope today! First order of business: God is not real. Go and live your life. #popefrancis— William Control (@williamcontrol) March 13, 2013
Ohio Atheist is featuring a year in review on atheism in 2012. Since it’s equal parts conclusive, funny and true, it’s worth posting in its entirety:
*Warning* Adult language below.
Now that 2012 has passed, I thought I’d share with you what I learned about atheism in 2012, through Twitter, YouTube, blogging, etc. Since I am relatively new to the “community,” some of the events that triggered what I learned in 2012 occurred before 2012, but I learned them myself in 2012. As a premise to my list, please note that I am a man, and thus, a misogynist asshole.*
- I may only go into elevators alone. If a woman enters the elevator with me, I must leave immediately.*
- As a man, my brain is that of a damaged woman. Unfortunately, because my brain is damaged, I am too stupid to realize what a misogynistic asshole I really am. Any woman (who is not a “chill girl”) who tells me I am a misogynistic asshole is inherently correct, and I must immediately apologize and modify my behavior.*
- When crossing the street and a female approaches, I must immediately run away. If I am in a crowded area full of many females, I had no business being there in the first place.*
- Virtual hugs are bad. Really bad.*
- Even though I have never raped a woman, or ever desired to, I will rape you, if you are a woman. Come here, it’s rapey time.*
- If I am drunk and have sex with a woman, she has been raped. If she is drunk and I am sober, I am still a rapist. Only women can be raped, and only men can rape. Actually, sobriety is irrelevant. All sex is a man raping a woman, even if it’s two men having sex. It’s all rape. Rape!*
- Social justice is a well-defined term that everyone agrees on. There is no room for interpretation. Thank goodness.*
- All atheists are mature. No atheists result to name calling, profanity, false DMCAs, or doc dropping. It never happens. We’re all upstanding hallmarks of a good society.*
- When commenting on blogs and tweeting, saying ‘fuck’ a lot of writing in all caps is an effective communication technique and should be used whenever possible.*
- If you disagree with a feminist about anything, you are a misogynist.*
- ‘Mansplaining’ is a real word. Seriously, go look it up in the Webster’s dictionary. It’s there.*
- When selecting speakers for an atheist/secular/humanist conference, you must select an equal number of men and women, or more women. Qualifications such as experience, education, scientific acclaim or knowledge, speaking ability or number of best sellers about atheism are irrelevant. It’s best to just pick some random bloggers – but not me, I’m a guy.*
- It’s OK to tell others to “check their privilege” when using your own for personal gain.*
- Blogging is ‘real’ activism. Don’t waste your time working with legislators, volunteering at a soup kitchen, or helping battered women. Stay behind your computer screen and affect real change.*
- Atheism + is a raging success. It is not a self-proctored form of therapy, as some detractors have claimed.*
- Atheism naturally leads to feminism and social justice (as well-defined as it is).*
- Equality only means equality for women. Men cannot claim inequality under any circumstances. And other minorities, such as African Americans and Hispanics? Forget about it, especially if you’re a man. You already have equality, so shut up, you misogynist asshole.*
- The true definition of atheism is “equality for women.” All that lack-of-belief-in-any-gods stuff is irrelevant.*
- Silencing critics and name calling are logical forms of argument.*
- Logical fallacies and claims without evidence only matter when debating theists.*
- There is only one brand of feminism.*
- I’m a man, so I should go fuck myself.* **
*Upon critical analysis, I determined these claims were in fact, false.
**Does not apply to PZ Myers.
(Yes, this is satire. Don’t call your mom if you don’t like it. Just keep blogging and let the slactivism flow through you…and don’t forget to use the word ‘fuck’ a lot in your comment.)
Nielsen, the media-analytics and ratings firm, has published an important new study this week on the state of social media. Its insights are trenchant and wide-ranging, and they have given the media much to digest. You’ve got gender disparities in the amount of time spent on social media. You’ve got the rise of Twitter as a second screen. You’ve gotPinterest as the fastest-growing social network. But most importantly by far, you’ve got nothing short of a paradigm shift in how Americans use the bathroom.
Yes, according to Nielsen, 32 percent of young Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 report that they engage in social networking while on the pot. Nielsen did not report the numbers for other demographics. But it’s well-understood in the technology industry that the behavior of this bellwether group heralds the shape of things to come for the nation as a whole. In short, our days of leafing through newspapers and magazines on the commode are numbered.
If Jesus is the light of their life why do Christians not pay less for power? #atheism— Godless Atheist (@GodlessAtheist) December 4, 2012
If there is life on other planets did god have to save them too? And does he communicate with them thru archaic writings? #atheism— Sean Quinton (@sean_quinton) December 4, 2012
A personal god to the 15 billion humans that have ever lived, plus the countless other planets that likely support life. Really??#atheism— Sean Quinton (@sean_quinton) December 4, 2012
Why be good? Because the smile of a relative, friend, neighbour, colleague, or stranger outweighs the promise of heaven. #Atheism— Donovan (@MrOzAtheist) November 17, 2012
How do you know God's a perfectionist?Just look at the state he got into over that little mistake with foreskin design. #Atheism— Rosa Rubicondior (@RosaRubicondior) November 18, 2012
I guess iMessage is working about as good as iPrayer today.#atheism— Frank (@Atheism_Tweets) November 18, 2012
“Nothing could be more dangerous to the existence of this Republic than to introduce religion into politics” Robert G. Ingersoll #atheism— Flying Free (@FlyingFree333) November 18, 2012
In my opinion, a feature of an "All-loving" being should not be damning people to an eternity of torture. But that's just me!#Atheism— Melissa (@Mel_in_Canada) November 18, 2012
Surveying the behavior of humans in history, one should feel great relief that there isn't an immortal deity masterminding it all. #atheism— Marco the Atheist (@marco_iO9) November 12, 2012
@reneehendricks Really? http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26361#p26361 … WTF is wrong with those mods on #AtheismPlus? Gigantic asshats, I swear.
The post she is referencing:
by maiforpeace » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm
Specimen, bonjour!I speak several languages including French, and I’m afraid you don’t possess the English language skills to communicate properly in such a serious and mindful discussion. I think you are better off just reading right now, and maybe you can get a buddy who writes English better to help you write posts so you can participate and offer your own contributions to this thread.
So I will ask you politely to desist from posting further in this thread. Thank you, Mai
A reader was asked to quit posting because they don’t speak perfect English? Wtf.
And further down in the thread:
by Flewellyn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 am
MOD NOTE: This topic is no longer serving a useful purpose. It has been locked.
So an admin just locks a conversation whenever they subjectively feel it’s no longer serving a purpose? Stunning.
@bluharmony @Stefanelli is my hero: Q&A about Atheism Plus, White Male Privilege, Guilt by Association, Schrodinger’…http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanelli/2012/10/09/qanda/ … …